The SRG0 is a research grade Rain Gauge with 0.2mm tips and high accuracy during intense rainfall events.
Rain Gauge Features
- Stainless Steel
- Resolution of 0.2 mm
- Accuracy of ±2% at 125 mm/hr
Utilising the SRG0 sensor in a custom IoT (Internet of Things) package
The SNiP-SRG is a ‘Sensor Node Integrated Package’ for LoRaWAN communication of real-time rainfall and precipitation measurements for continuous environmental monitoring.
The base SNiP-SRG integrates 1x SRG0 Research Grade Tipping Bucket with 1x AD-NODE to a site’s unique network, communication and power requirements.
Constructed entirely of stainless steel.
- Rain enters the gauge through an 20cm orifice, protected by distortion preventing aluminium ring.
- Collected water passes through the debris-filtering screen and is funnelled into one of two tipping buckets inside the gauge.
- When a given amount of water collects, the bucket tips.
(Tip of 0.2mm is standard).
- Tipping causes magnet to pass over proximity switch, closing it momentarily.
- Second bucket positions under funnel for filling.
- After rain is measured, it exits through drain tubes with screen covered holes in the base of the gauge.
- Designed for many years of accurate, trouble free operation.
- Stainless steel outer housing.
- Built in level indicator and pre-drilled feet.
- Meteorological Station
- Storm Water Management
- Catchment Hydrology
||0.1 second switch closure – suitable for any standard Data Logger
||±2% at 125mm/hr
||20cm in Diameter
||537 mm x 210 mm x 210 mm
||Rugged Magnetic Proximity