IHF01 Industrial Heat Flux Sensor
The IHF01 industrial heat flux sensor measures heat flux and temperature, typically in industrial high-temperature environments. IHF01 is waterproof, withstands high pressures and is extremely robust. With signal wires electrically insulated from the sensor body, it complies with industrial safety standards, such as CE and ATEX for explosive areas. IHF01 is particularly suitable for trend-monitoring and comparative testing. See also the IHF02, an industrial heat flux sensor with higher sensitivity.
The IHF01 measures heat flux and surface temperature of industrial equipment like furnaces, boilers, fluidised beds, distillation columns and ovens. The sensors inside IHF01, a thermopile and a thermocouple, are protected by a fully sealed stainless steel body. It is suitable for long-term use at one location as well as repeated installation when a measuring system is used at multiple locations. IHF01 measures heat flux through the object on which it is mounted, in W/m², as well as the temperature in °C. The sensors in IHF01 are a thermopile and a type K thermocouple. The thermopile measures the local heat flux. The thermocouple measures the absolute temperature of the surface on which IHF01 is mounted, as well as the approximate sensor body temperature. A thermopile and a thermocouple are passive sensors; they do not require power.
Using IHF01 is easy. It can be connected directly to commonly used data logging systems. The heat flux, in W/m², is calculated by dividing the IHF01 output, a small voltage, by the sensitivity. The sensitivity is provided with IHF01 on its product certificate. Equipped with heavy duty cabling, and having a fully stainless steel casing so that moisture does not penetrate the sensor, IHF01 has proven to be very reliable. It survives long-term outdoor installation.
- longer cable (specify total cable length for both cable types in m)
- black coating
- EC type examination certificate (ATEX) II 2G Ex db IIC T6
- connector at IHF01 cable end
- low-temperature extension cable with 2 connectors, matching cable connector and chassis connector
- chassis connector with internal wiring (colour code of wiring identical to cable colour code)
- Trend-monitoring and comparative measurement of heat flux and surface temperature in industrial installations. See also model IHF02, an industrial heat flux sensor with higher sensitivity.