HF4 HailFlow sensor for Hail Monitoring
The HF4 HailFlow sensor for Hail Monitoring is a non-mechanical hail sensor. An acoustic instrument, the HF4 enables the
- detection of hail
- characterisation of hailstone size
The sensor is able to distinguish between 15 classes of hailstone diameter, ranging from 0.5 to 8 cm, with a capability of counting up to 25 solid impacts per second.
The HF4 is compatible with any SDI-12 logger or IoT Node (such as the MFR-Node or S-Node).
With the hemispherical surface, the measurements cannot be obstructed by dust, dirt, or leaf matter removing the need for ongoing maintenance.
Data output options include:
- RS485 (accessory required)
- Analogue (0-2.5V or 0-5V)
The RF4 RainFall Sensors is:
- Non obstructable
- Instrument with no mobile parts – totally sealed acoustic instrument
- Universal mounting kit available
- Omni-directional – even under the highest winds
- Corrosion free and resistant to the highest winds and the most extreme conditions
- Plug-and-Play or totally configurable – microcontroller inside
- Can be connected to almost any external unit
- SDI-12 and IoT compatible – internal memory